You can volunteer as an individual or you can gather a group to do a service project here at the Center. Here are a few ideas for you to consider.
- Conduct a toy drive, school supply drive, or book drive for the children at the Center.
- Plan a Center work-day. Projects might include painting, cleaning, or landscaping work.
- Create a play, puppet show, or musical performance and come to the Center to present it to the children.
- Assist with a family event at the Center, by serving food, helping with set-up/cleanup, or interacting with children playing games.
- Organize a week-long sports “camp” for school-agers in the summer.
- Help with summer garden maintenance.
- Assist in a classroom on a weekly basis.
- Help to answer phones and assist with other office work.
- Reshelve and repair books in our children’s library.
- Clean, paint or assist with other on-going maintenance tasks.
- Run errands and help with weekly shopping.
- Distribute information about the Center at health fairs and other community events.
There are lots of ways to get involved! Please contact Megan Green at 314-544-3338 for more information about any of these opportunities, or let us know what ideas you have!